CrimeFest, The International Crime Fiction Convention, announced award nominees this week including Vienna Blood 3 for the Thalia Proctor Memorial Award for Best Adapted TV Crime Drama nominees.
This award is for the best television crime drama based on a book, and first screened in the UK in 2022. The winning author and company would each receive a Bristol Blue Glass commemorative award.
Eligible titles were collated from the Radio Times, and CrimeFest newsletter readers establish the shortlist and the winning title.
Thalia Proctor Memorial Award for Best Adapted TV Crime Drama nominees:
– Babylon Berlin (series 4), based on the books by Volker Kutscher. Produced by X-Filme Creative Pool, ARD Degeto Film, Beta Film, Sky Deutschland, Westdeutscher Rundfunk. Shown on Sky Atlantic.
– Grace (series 2), based on the books by Peter James. Produced by ITV Studios. Shown on ITV.
– Karin Pirie, based on the books by Val McDermid. Produced by ITV Studios. Shown on ITV.
– Magpie Murders, based on the books by Anthony Horowitz. Produced by Britbox and Eleventh Hour Films. Shown on BritBox.
– Reacher, based on the books by Lee Child. Produced by Amazon Studios, Blackjack Films, Paramount Television, and Skydance Television. Shown on Amazon Prime.
– Shetland (season 7), based on the books by Ann Cleeves. Produced by Silverprint Pictures. Shown on BBC.
– Slow Horses (seasons 1 & 2), based on the books by Mick Herron. Produced by See-Saw. Shown on Apple TV+.
– Vienna Blood (season 3), based on the books by Frank Tallis. Produced by Endor Productions, Seven.One Studios. Shown on BBC.
The 2023 CrimeFest Awards will be presented at the convention Gala Awards Dinner on 13th May 2023.